From: James White
To: Gary Novak
Subject: Re: New FRB & RBBM
Date: Thursday, December 17, 1998 8:51 PM

At 09:00 PM 12/16/98 -0800, you wrote:

>"Dr." White:

Please have the kindness and maturity to either use the title of my earned degree, or refuse to do so. I find the use of quotations childish, disrespectful, and given that you know nothing of my work, egregiously silly.

>The new _Journal of Book of Mormon Studies_ and _FARMS
>Review of Books_ arrived yesterday. Although I am confident
>that you keep current on the very best in Latter-day Saint
>scholarship, I thought I might go out on a limb and offer to
>arrange to have copies sent to you. I would, of course, need
>some kind of address in order to get these to you (whatever
>address you use for your "ministry" is fine).

No thank you. If you can't even use the word "ministry" without putting it in quotes (and again, you probably know very little of our ministry or its work), I would hate to have you invest any of your funds in sending the books to me. I normally pick them up during General Conference in SLC.

>On an unrelated note, is there any chance that you are going
>to answer my questions?

Though most are irrelevant to the form of program employed in mentoring situations (attending lectures in distance learning is a rather silly thing to consider), I would be willing to point all these things out if, however, you would be willing to answer a series of questions yourself. Your answers, and mine, would be posted at the end of the response I wrote to your piece. Would you be willing to do this?

BTW, on a completely unrelated point, what software did you use to access TLG during your studies?

James>>>
^ Sola Scriptura: A Fundamental Truth ^
^ James White, Th.D. * Orthopodeo@aomin.org ^
(Acts 20:24) But I do not consider my life of any account
as dear to myself, so that I may finish my course and the
ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify
solemnly of the gospel of the grace of God.

Recte Ambulamus ad Veritatem Evangelii

Web page: www.aomin.org

Back Next