From: Gary Novak
To: James White
Subject: A Couple of Questions
Date: Saturday, December 12, 1998 10:04 AM

"Dr." White:

Here are my questions, numbered for your convenience. All of these should be understood in the context of the work you did for your Th.D.

1. Did you take a class from anyone other than Rick Walston?

2. Who was on your dissertation committee?

3. Did you take a comprehensive exam?

4. If there was a comprehensive examination, what books were on the reading list?

5. Did you do a dissertation defense? If so, who sat on that committee?

6. Who, besides Rick Walston, signed your dissertation?

7. How were exams administered and proctored?

8. Did you have interaction with any other CES students involved in your program?

9. Was there any system of lectures? If so, how did they work?

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.

Gary
novak@teleport.com

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog its too dark to read."
Groucho Marx

Back Next