From: Daniel Peterson
To: Kristi
Subject: [skinny] Re: P.S. Mormons Aren't Christians Anyway.
Date: Wednesday, January 13, 1999 10:18 AM

Kristi:

Does your Mom know what sorts of things you are writing on her computer? Are you home sick from school? (If so, I hope you feel better soon.)

The content of your letters suggests that you don't know very much about either Mormonism or the history of Christianity, but their tone suggests that it would be a waste of my time (at least at your current developmental stage) to try to educate you. You are also clearly unaware of the history of exchanges between me and Mr. White that preceded the correspondence you read -- a history that includes previous correspondence and a radio debate. I know Mr. White; you don't know me. I have never used the kind of language on Mr. White or on anybody else that you have used, just this morning, on me. And I'll bet that you are relying on the edited version of the White/Peterson correspondence that appears on Mr. White's website (along with his self-serving commentary), and not on the complete, unedited version that appears on the SHIELDS website. Not that it would make any difference in your hostility, of course.

Anyway, I am enjoying your messages, and encourage you to continue sending them. I keep a file that I call "America's Funniest Anti-Mormons," and all of your posts are going into that file as well as to my appreciative friends.

Best wishes,

Dan

Back Next