From: Gary Novak
To: James White
Subject: Re: Now will you answer some questions?
Date: Thursday, December 10, 1998 10:30 PM

"Dr." White:

You Say:

If, upon reading _The Forgotten Trinity_, and, say, _Is the Mormon My Brother?_, and maybe something really challenging, like, _Grieving: Our Path Back to Peace_, you wish to engage in "genuine dialogue," please let me know. Till then, I have to admit, I have no interest in "dialoguing" with those who call me an "anti-Mormon," who mock my decision to follow God's leading in my life by putting family, church, and ministry ahead of anything else, and who ignore the genuine, original, and respected contributions I have made."

Let me emphasize what I have said before, I am simply not interested in your publications. To this point I have not been interested in them. I have never "mocked" your decision to "follow God's leading in [your] life." Again, I am simply not interested in such things. And it is true that I "ignore the genuine, original, and respected contributions [you] have made"--whatever they are--because I am not interested in them. By the same token I "ignore" daytime soap operas, the fishing industry in Japanese waters and all of the issues surrounding cold fusion. But I would like to ask you a couple of questions about your Th.D. that I felt were left unanswered in the long post on your website. And I would love to have you address those issues directly and forthrightly and without the bitterness and hostility that your last letter exhibits.

Is there any chance of such a thing happening?

Gary
novak@teleport.com

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read."

Groucho Marx

Back Next