From: Daniel Peterson
To: SKINNY
Cc: W B
Subject: [skinny] Kristi Spams for Jesus
Date: Wednesday, January 13, 1999 1:27 PM

Brothers and Sister:

I know that you have all been mesmerized by my ecumenical dialogue with the inimitable Kristi. But now, alas, it seems that meaningful conversations with her (such as those I have been savoring since this morning) are now a thing of the past. I have, in the past few minutes, received fourteen (14) copies of her lengthy message entitled "Oldies but Goodies" -- although two of them, inexplicably, had been retitled "Go Away" and two others bore the mystical name of "o" -- and there may be yet more coming my direction. Kristi appears to be keeping the vow that she swore to me, that she would, out of godly displeasure at my viciousness, cut off the flow of Christian reflections that has done so much to sustain me over the past several hours. I'm sorry to disappoint you. There was, it is true, a certain indefinable wisdom and maturity in her meditations, and I would very much have liked to continue sharing them with you. But it was not to be.

In deepest depression,

Dan Peterson

Back Next