From: Gary Novak
To: James White
Subject: Re: New FRB & RBBM
Date: Friday, December 18, 1998 8:37 AM

"Dr." White:

If you have questions--if you think that I have mis-reported something in how advanced degrees are normally awarded-- then why not simply ask? Why make it into some kind of contest? You have every opportunity to get me to change what is on my webpage--or even, if you can satisfy me that there is no cheating (of a sort) going on--to eliminate that webpage altogether. I would think that it would be rather easy for you to indicate any shortcomings in my understanding of how degrees are awarded (in addition to what you have already written on your webpage) in your answers to my questions. Besides, you already have my questions before you. Why not just answer them?

It was you, you may recall, who began defending your degree before anyone raised questions. Remember the section in your original peice about your degree titled, "Detractors Galore?" Who, before me, was raising questions? Who, besides me, is in the "galore" category? Why not end the speculation and just answer my questions?

I would love to hear you say that there was a dissertation defense; that you had comprehensive examinations; that regular tests were administered and proctored for regular classes; that you took classes from more than one individual; and so on. Such would ally my concerns about your degree and would even get me to drop my (was the word you used "childish"?) use of quotations around the word "Dr."

So here again I ask you to end the posturing and posing and simply end the debate. Even if everything in my questions has a negative answer, at least you would end the discussion.

On the JBMS/RBBM/FRB question: I am merely curious.

Gary
novak@teleport.com

"I've had a wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Groucho Mark

Back Next